14 October 2008

"the sun with light a sea of sorrow"

Round 2.

Today was one of those days that makes me happy to be where I am.  Finished class for the day at 9:15 then enjoyed a nap on a couch in the Union.  I woke up to enjoy time alone with my Creator.  Then I ventured from the Union, got some juice :] and sat down outside near the library.  Being simply in the vicinity of the library makes me feel productive, so I was content to just sit and relax.  As I simply sat there, I looked up to realize how incredibly beautiful the day was.  Crystal clear blue skies hanging over strong, majestic trees which spurted from t
raffic-worn brick.  The smell today was the most incredible since I've been at school.  Walking back to my room, I smelled flowers, clean water, which does indeed have a distinct smell, and fresh grass... Today felt like spring, even though tomorrow I go home for fall break.  

The wonderful weather today reminded me of the promises of God, which may be due to my reading The Music of His Promises (Elisabeth Elliot).  After the Israelites we
re sprung from slavery in Egypt by God and Pharaoh and his army were hot on their tails, Moses said this to the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD
 will fight for you; you need only to be still" (Exodus 14:13-14).   I am amazed by this.  Ther
e is an army following the Israelites, an army that can annihilate them.  But God wants his peop
le to be still and let him fight.  Today was such a peaceful, beautiful day that this verse really penetrated my mind.  The stillness of the leaves, the quietness of the flowers, the simplicity of the clear sky... everything around me (besides the bustling college students) seemed to be 
Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Today's picture: taken by my best friend of 17 years Jamie Stuart when she came to visit this summer.  In case you aren't familiar with the area, welcome to Charlotte. :]

No comments: